"-Listen to the rotating silver disk. You are beginning to feel sleepy."
ERIKOISDANCEKeep polycarbonate alive!
• Premium performance, hand-bombed, burn on demand CDr's. 4 eurae per disc plus P&H.
• Place preliminary order (items wanted and shipping address) with info [at] mustakirahvi [dot] net to get calculus and PayPal info.
SoundcloudTwitterVimeo • To get aboard the NEWSLETTER list, type "I'm in" into subject field + mail to info [at] mustakirahvi [dot] net.
• April 2, 2015 update
SCI-FI AND SPECULATIVE ELECTRONICS
"Cornwall shielded his eyes against the glare as he watched the Daikon disappear into the maze of canopied stalls that made up the southern end of Hexanstrasse. State moved its sky-mirrors into their midday configuration, dimming Merope’s light to a milky opalescence the colour of a cataract."
• That was a passage from Kek-W's (2000 AD, Hacker Farm, Cap'n Dinosaur etc. etc.) half of Erikoisdance 30, the sci-fi short prose and miniature techno split we're releasing today. Below is a medley of clips from Toby Esterhaus's part.
Out now on CDr and xerox copy! Order yours today!
• March 26, 2014 update
ERIKOISDANCE 30 OUT NEXT WEEK
• Here's a video for you to spend your time with, while waiting for Erikoisdance 30, the sci-fi short prose and microscopic techno split with Kek-W and Toby Esterhaus,to drop next week. Video production and cinematography by the mysterious T. Esterhaus himself.
• Check this space for more info soon! And do pre-order if you feel like it of course.
• January 27, 2015 update
ERIKOISDANCE 21 RELEASED
• OK, this is not the actual, official update with links to intricately detailed, spell-checked press releases and all that yet, but as we surprised ourselves with suddenly having a release ready to burn and circulate we might as well serve it up and start taking orders now. So, voilà!
• It's a 40 minute CDr split between our favorite below-underground backwards futurist avant techno and dad-noise enigma Sauce & Cop and just recently surfaced, equally semi-secretive and wraithlike hypno drum-machine driver(s?) Coltor, including a Three Legged Race remix kindly provided by cross-disciplinary multi-talent, design icon and international festival circuit drinking buddy of ours, Robert Beatty!
A clip medley and one whole track below.
• November 5, 2014 update
HAPPY CDR DAY EVERYBODY!
• The reason you're here is because all our massive spamming payed off and you've heard of our (CD) Record(able) Store Day Specials, right? Well, then all you need to do is follow the instructions above (which, simply put, just go "e-mail us").
• And note, the Erikoisdance 23… split singles can be ordered TODAY ONLY, so act fast! (Altho we admit it was a slow morning, slept late, info wasn't upped here until noon and so on, so if you ask nicely tomorrow AM we just might still make and send you one.)
• The price is 2 euros. Calling it a bargain would be putting it lightly, for two tracks made specially for just You. Speaking of which, it's a pretty special release this, every track is really made-to-order so, just to avoid delays, max. 2 records per order.
• Orders will ship approx. one week from now.
• October 27, 2014 update
(CD) RECORD(ABLE) STORE DAY SPECIALS
• By now you're all aware of that The First Annual (CD) Record(able) Store Day will take place on November 5th, right? Good! Then it's of no use telling you that the best way to stay hip about what's going on is by following the tag #CDRDay over at Twitter (and possibly Facebook too, dunno).
• Our contribution(s), Erikoisdance 23…, a seriesthe final extent of which is yet unknownof split singles, all in the edition of ONE (1), will be available thru (the e-mail mentioned up there on) this site FOR ONE (1) DAY ONLY. Hear that? Not lying when I say you can't get much more exclusive, right? Every single CDr will be unique! Now, being opposed to anything exclusive or generally snobby in any way is pretty much what we're all about, edition- or otherwise, so we figured there's room to question our punky stance and inclusive ethos, becoming our own evil mirror-image twin, for at least just one day of the year. So, no repress, no DL, no boasting about it, airing all the tracks all over Soundcloud later. No, when they're gone they're gone.
• Oh, what's on it? Each CDr contains it's own personalized versions of "Cross-interleaved Error Correction", a serial work of DIY armchair post-house by Erikoismies, and "[TBA]", a piece of modern modular mastery by Twisted Krister. The final title(s) of the latter you'll most likely not get to know before you recieve your own totemlike, **KVLT** artefact in the mail. Previews will be uploaded later this week!
• Follow this space, us on Twitter or jump aboard the newsletter list now to not miss out on this.
• Other labels whose specials to look out for include at least Sector 12/12, Moving Furniture Records and (Drvg Cvltvre's own) New York Haunted. Among the artists to be released are such greats in their own fields as D'incise and Ekoplekz.
MADRID GIGS ON VIMEO
• Any other news? Hmm … not really, no. Not news. But if you missed these clips of Sauce & Cop and Erikoismies playing live at the (100 % awesome) Electrónica en Abril 2014 festival in Madrid we posted earlier, check them now. Cult sh*t!
• April 25, 2014 update
ERIKOISMIES "VILSE I DIMMAN" VIDEO
• World premiere in Madrid, April 2014 Now on Vimeo. Words fail to describe how proud we are to announce the online premiere of enigmatic, off-Youtube video auteur Enrico Fontana's outstanding clip.
• Cinematography by an anonymous real-estate agent in Pihlajamäki, spring 1974.
• March 4, 2014 update
ERIKOISDANCE 19 RELEASED
• Finally out, amazingly. A live Mallisto EP-length, recorded on New Years eve 1998. Lost for a decade, now accidentally unearthed, to our great surprise and pleasure! With possibly the funkiest incarnation of the group: Jukka Vallisto on bass, Jenni Rope and Christer Nuutinen keys and electronics. This is nineties, no arpeggiators, vocal-free art school synth at its grandest ever best!
• Check the clip medley above and fine print data over there to the right.
In the Compact Disc Digital Audio System, digital playback combined with laser optics produces the most accurate sound reproduction possible. For best results, the Compact Disc should be stored in a vertical position to prevent warpage, and should not be exposed to direct sunlight, heat or humidity for a prolonged period of time. Always handle the disc by its edges to avoid surface scratches, accumulation of foreign substances, etc. To clean, wipe the disc (in a straight line, from center to edge) with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Do not use solvents, abrasives, or record cleaners unless specifically indicated for use on Compact Disc.
(See ordering info at top of page)
• Erikoisdance 30
Release: eP (audio) / The Courier (short prose)
Artist: Toby Esterhaus / Kek-W
Running time: approx 20 min
Format: CDr + xerox copy
Out: April 2015
Sci-fi short prose and miniature techno split by Somerset,
UK's finest and some other secret location's most secretive.
(See ordering info at top of page)
Gray () = deleted
• Erikoisdance 21
Release: [Untitled split CDr]
Artist: Coltor/Sauce & Cop + Three Legged Race mix
Running time: approx 39:00 min
Out: January 2015
OUT NOW! Another great Erikoisdance release!
Yes: "Release first, write press statement later"--that's
how underground WE are! So, ORDER NOW, and then follow
this space for soon to appear detailed release info, to be
just as techno as us. (Edit, Feb 11: press release added.)
• Erikoisdance 10 (FREE Internet Edition)
Release: New Age Home Recordings
Artist: Mr. Yakamoto
Running time: approx 30 min
Format: Free DL (128 Kbps mp3)
Out: June 26, 2012 (original CDr release 2008)