"-Listen to the rotating silver disk. You are beginning to feel sleepy."
ERIKOISDANCEKeep polycarbonate alive!
• Premium performance, hand-bombed, burn on demand CDr's. 4 eurae per disc plus P&H.
• Place preliminary order (items wanted and shipping address) with info [at] mustakirahvi [dot] net to get calculus and PayPal info.
SoundcloudTwitterVimeo • To get aboard the NEWSLETTER list, type "I'm in" into subject field + mail to info [at] mustakirahvi [dot] net.
• October 27, 2014 update
(CD) RECORD(ABLE) STORE DAY SPECIALS
• By now you're all aware of that The First Annual (CD) Record(able) Store Day will take place on November 5th, right? Good! Then it's of no use telling you that the best way to stay hip about what's going on is by following the tag #CDRDay over at Twitter (and possibly Facebook too, dunno).
• Our contribution(s), Erikoisdance 23…, a seriesthe final extent of which is yet unknownof split singles, all in the edition of ONE (1), will be available thru (the e-mail mentioned up there on) this site FOR ONE (1) DAY ONLY. Hear that? Not lying when I say you can't get much more exclusive, right? Every single CDr will be unique! Now, being opposed to anything exclusive or generally snobby in any way is pretty much what we're all about, edition- or otherwise, so we figured there's room to question our punky stance and inclusive ethos, becoming our own evil mirror-image twin, for at least just one day of the year. So, no repress, no DL, no boasting about it, airing all the tracks all over Soundcloud later. No, when they're gone they're gone.
• Oh, what's on it? Each CDr contains it's own personalized versions of "Cross-interleaved Error Correction", a serial work of DIY armchair post-house by Erikoismies, and "[TBA]", a piece of modern modular mastery by Twisted Krister. The final title(s) of the latter you'll most likely not get to know before you recieve your own totemlike, **KVLT** artefact in the mail. Previews will be uploaded later this week!
• Follow this space, us on Twitter or jump aboard the newsletter list now to not miss out on this.
• Other labels whose specials to look out for include at least Sector 12/12, Moving Furniture Records and (Drvg Cvltvre's own) New York Haunted. Among the artists to be released are such greats in their own fields as D'incise and Ekoplekz.
MADRID GIGS ON VIMEO
• Any other news? Hmm … not really, no. Not news. But if you missed these clips of Sauce & Cop and Erikoismies playing live at the (100 % awesome) Electrónica en Abril 2014 festival in Madrid we posted earlier, check them now. Cult sh*t!
• April 25, 2014 update
ERIKOISMIES "VILSE I DIMMAN" VIDEO
• World premiere in Madrid, April 2014 Now on Vimeo. Words fail to describe how proud we are to announce the online premiere of enigmatic, off-Youtube video auteur Enrico Fontana's outstanding clip.
• Cinematography by an anonymous real-estate agent in Pihlajamäki, spring 1974.
• March 4, 2014 update
ERIKOISDANCE 19 RELEASED
• Finally out, amazingly. A live Mallisto EP-length, recorded on New Years eve 1998. Lost for a decade, now accidentally unearthed, to our great surprise and pleasure! With possibly the funkiest incarnation of the group: Jukka Vallisto on bass, Jenni Rope and Christer Nuutinen keys and electronics. This is nineties, no arpeggiators, vocal-free art school synth at its grandest ever best!
• Check the clip medley above and fine print data over there to the right.
In the Compact Disc Digital Audio System, digital playback combined with laser optics produces the most accurate sound reproduction possible. For best results, the Compact Disc should be stored in a vertical position to prevent warpage, and should not be exposed to direct sunlight, heat or humidity for a prolonged period of time. Always handle the disc by its edges to avoid surface scratches, accumulation of foreign substances, etc. To clean, wipe the disc (in a straight line, from center to edge) with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Do not use solvents, abrasives, or record cleaners unless specifically indicated for use on Compact Disc.
(See ordering info at top of page)
• Erikoisdance 19
Release: Live at Mannerheimintie 100 B 48,
December 31, 1998
Running time: approx 22:30 min
Format: CDr (+ 30 cm X 33 cm folded xerox inlay)
Out: March 4, 2014
Until very recently hyper rare nineties art-school synth
live recording enters burn-on-demand domain!
"A Casio-updated Young Marble Giants, […] or a lounge
band enclosed in experimental scare quotes."
Dan Barrow--The Wire
• Erikoisdance 10 (FREE Internet Edition)
Release: New Age Home Recordings
Artist: Mr. Yakamoto
Running time: approx 30 min
Format: Free DL (128 Kbps mp3)
Out: June 26, 2012 (original CDr release 2008)